Thursday, November 18, 2010

An introduction, of sorts

During the halcyon years of the early 90s to the crank-turning of the millennium, I interviewed a lot of rock musicians. In the weeks to come, I'm going to be dishing out unexpurgated Q and A interviews with some of rock's craziest and most disparate weirdos from that era.

As a nibble-licious dangling carrot, most of these interviews are from the mid-to-late 90s, before I moved to Florida, and a lot of this stuff has never appeared in print or on the interwebs -- ever.

I am transcribing/digitizing/blog-friendly-izing these things, but suffice to say, you're going to get the full spectrum.

Week one, you'll get to graze upon never-read-before quotations from 60s pop icon Donovan, metallic drug refugee Nikki Sixx, and psychedelic/gospel guru Jason "Spaceman" Pierce of Spiritualized.

And it's only getting crazier from there: I mean, I'm going to give you Michael Gira and Duncan Sheik; Casey Kasem and Jim Thirwell; Robyn Guthrie and Mojo Nixon.

Yes. It's going to be a party.

No comments:

Post a Comment